eLearning courses RSPP - ASPP
Our eLearning courses for training and the periodic mandatory update of RSPP (Head of the Prevention and Protection Service) and ASPP (Worker for the Prevention and Protection Service).
Corsi di aggiornamento annuale per RSPP/ASPP
Corsi di aggiornamento quinquennale per RSPP/ASPP
Corsi di aggiornamento RSPP/ASPP e formazione di base per Docenti Formatori
Corsi di formazione di base per RSPP/ASPP
Who is the RSPP (Head of the Prevention and Protection Service)?
Under the Italian legislation on safety at work one of the most important figures is the RSPP (Head of the Prevention and Protection Service).
In the Consolidated Law on Safety at Work (TUSL or Legislative Decree 81/08) we talk about RSPP already in Article 2, saying that we are dealing with a person with skills and requirements professional services appropriate to the nature of the risks present in the workplace that are designated by the employer, to which it responds, to coordinate the risk prevention and protection service (art. 32 Legislative Decree 81/08).
The RSPP role can also be played directly by the Employer, in the cases defined by Article 34 of Legislative Decree 81/08:
- artisan industries and companies that do not exceed 30 employees;
- agricultural and / or livestock farms up to 10 employees;
- fishing companies that do not exceed 20 employees;
- all the others that cannot be categorized as above with a maximum of 20 employees.
In all other cases the employer must appoint an RSPP among his employees, or rely on an external consultant.
For the performance of the RSPP functions for external consultants or internal employees, it is necessary to be in possession of a qualification not inferior to the upper secondary education diploma, as well as a certificate of a certificate of frequency, with learning verification, to specific training courses appropriate to the nature of the risks present in the workplace and relating to work activities.
Regardless of whether the RSPP is the employer, an internal worker or an external consultant, he must always be duly trained and updated on workplace safety.
The employer must undertake to produce, at the request of the control bodies, all the documentation that certifies its preparation and therefore certifies that it possesses the skills and professional requirements set forth in the aforementioned art. 2 Legislative Decree 81/08.
Who is the ASPP (Employee of the Prevention and Protection Service)?
The ASPP (Employee of the Prevention and Protection Service) is a security figure defined by Article 2 letter g) of Legislative Decree 81/08 as "the subject who possesses skills and requirements professionals compliant with the provisions of art. 32 of the decree itself (being in possession of a qualification not inferior to the upper secondary education diploma as well as a certificate of attendance, with learning verification, to specific training courses appropriate to the nature of the risks present in the workplace and relating to work activities.)
The ASPP has the task of helping the Head of the Prevention and Protection Service (RSPP) to carry out the activities that concern the safety of the company, the main ones of which are the identification of risk factors; the elaboration of preventive, protective and control measures; elaboration of security procedures.
Coordinated by the RSPP, the Prevention and Protection Service Officer is therefore responsible for carrying out a series of tasks aimed at preventing and protecting occupational risks for workers. p >
The ASPP can be internal or external to the company and the number of subjects in charge of this role varies according to the needs and size of the company, as they must be in sufficient numbers compared to the characteristics of the company. The use of external ASPPs is mandatory when there are no subjects in the company or production unit that meet the requirements of the legislation.
The ASPP assignment is incompatible with the performance of the Workers' Safety Representative.
What training courses must do the RSPP (Head of the Prevention and Protection Service) and ASPP (Employee of the Prevention and Protection Service)
The contents of the training courses for the Prevention and Protection Service Manager (RSPP) and for ASPP (Employee of the Prevention and Protection Service) are defined by the State-Regions Agreement sanctioned on 26 January 2006 at the Permanent Conference for relations between the State, the Regions and the Autonomous Provinces of Trento and Bolzano, published in the Official Journal n. 37 of 14 February 2006, and amended by the following State-Regions Agreement of 7 July 2017 and are made up of the following modules:
- Module A - Basic course for ASPP and RSPP lasting 28 hours - which can also be done in eLearning - which allows them to know the general and specific legislation on the subject of OSH; the functions performed by the public institutional system and by the various bodies responsible for the protection of OSH; all the subjects of the company prevention system, their duties and responsibilities; the concepts of danger, risk, damage, prevention and protection; the methodological elements for risk assessment; the main risks covered by the Legislative Decree n. 81/2008 and identify prevention and protection measures as well as emergency management procedures; the information, training and training obligations towards the subjects of the company prevention system;
- Common Form B - Specialization course common to RSPP and ASPP - can only be carried out in presence - of the total duration of 48 hours which must allow ASPP and RSPP to acquire knowledge and skills to identify the dangers and assess the risks present in the workplace of the sector including ergonomic risks and work-related stress; identify the prevention and protection measures in the specific sectors, including PPE, with reference to the specific nature of the risk and of the work activity; contribute to identifying adequate technical, organizational and procedural security solutions for each type of risk.
This module is valid for all macro-sectors except for four (for which additional hours are foreseen): SP1 - agriculture and Fishing 12 hours; SP2 - quarries and buildings 16 hours; SP3 Residential health 12 hours; SP4 chemical-petrochemical 16 hours.
- Module C - Course of a minimum duration of 24 hours exclusively for RSPP - which can be performed only in presence - which allows the acquisition of relational and managerial knowledge / skills to: design and manage training processes with reference to working environment and risk assessment, also for the dissemination of culture to health and safety and organizational well-being; plan, manage and control the technical, organizational and procedural security measures of the company through security management systems; use appropriate forms of communication to favor the participation and collaboration of the various subjects of the system ".
It is not possible to assume the RSPP role if all the A + B + C courses have not been completed before, or the exemptions have not been demonstrated (for example engineering graduates, depending on the classes of degree, they are exempted for modules A and B and may need to complete only form C. Check to their professional Order whether the degree has an exemption).
The non-appointment of the RSPP is contemplated in Annex I of the Consolidated Security Act as a violation deemed to be serious which, if repeated, can lead to the suspension of the activity. In the event of no appointment of the RSPP or RSPP expired from the role due to lack of updating, the sanctions envisaged by the legislation for the employer and the manager consist in arrest from three to six months or in the fine from 2,500 to 6,400 euros.
What refresher courses must do the RSPP (Head of the Prevention and Protection Service) and ASPP (Employee of the Prevention and Protection Service)
The State-Regions Agreement of July 2016 also indicates the type of refresher course for both the RSPP managers and the Employees ASPP of the Prevention and Protection Service.
For the RSPPs it is required to attend a 40-hour RSPP refresher course valid for all company sectors to be carried out at five-year intervals and which can also be done in eLearning mode b>. p>
For ASPP the obligatory five-year update consists of a ASPP update course lasting at least 20 hours valid for all sectors of activity and usable also in eLearning mode b> (in accordance with the criteria set out in Annex II of the State-Regions Agreement of 7 July 2016).
These courses provide RSPP Managers and ASPP Persons of the Prevention and Protection Service with updates on safety and health issues in the workplace and the news of the current legislation.
In particular, the contents of this course address the significant developments in the protection of safety and health in the workplace, with particular attention to updates on the organization and management of safety in the company after Legislative Decree 81 / 2008, to the new methods of managing training of workers, to updates on the sources of risk and the related preventive measures addressed through practical applications and illustrative in-depth analyzes.
The refresher courses for RSPP and ASPP can be carried out in their entirety as total credit, or can be made up of courses and other initiatives of formation of fractional durations, the sum of which must always correspond in the five years to the law requests for specific figures.
These updates for RSPP and ASPP, if provided under the State Regions Agreement July 2016, also apply as a training credit for the figure of Coordinator of site in the planning and execution phase and as a partial credit for updating the figure of the Trainer Teacher.
For both RSPPs. both for ASPP, the five-year period of validity of the update mandatory from the date of conclusion of the form B and / or from the date of graduation in one of the exemption classes provided for by the Consolidated Law. p>
In the event that an RSPP or ASPP fails to complete the update of its training within 5 years, it loses the requirements and therefore can no longer perform in the role.
We remind you that for professionals and self-employed workers the costs of training and refresher courses for RSPP and ASPP enjoy full tax deductibility (Article 9 Law 81/2017).